What DO YOU Want? and What would you be willing to let go of to have more of what you want?
1. Is it necessary that I need to be right?
Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind? — Wayne Dyer
2. Who or what do I want to control?
By letting it go, it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. When you try & try, the world is beyond winning. — Lao Tzu
3. Whose fault is it? Is it really? Can I let go of blame and take 100% responsibility?
A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. — John Burroughs
4. Would I speak to a child like I speak to myself? Am I willing to give up self-defeating self-talk? Or at least begin to change it?
The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive. — Eckhart Tolle
5. Is it necessary to limit myself? Can I give up my limiting beliefs?
A belief is not an idea held by the mind; it is an idea that holds the mind. — Elly Roselle
6. Can I give up complaining?
You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses. — Ziggy
7. Is it necessary to criticize?
Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others. — Christian D. Larsen
8. How do I impress others? How important is that to me?
Don’t try to impress others. Let them have the fun of impressing you. — James R. Fisher, Jr.
9. Am I open to change? Am I willing to give up my resistance to change?
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls. — Joseph Campbell
10. Am I open to learn more about what I don’t really understand?
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about. — Wayne Dyer
11. What am I afraid of? Am I willing to give up my fear?
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. — Franklin Delano Roosevelt
12. What are my excuses? How important are they? Can I let them go?
99% of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. — George Washington Carver
13. Is the past serving me? Am I willing to give up the past? Am I willing to live in the present?
Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. — Christian D. Larsen
14. Am I willing to become aware of my true self? Am I willing to be my best self?
The world is a mirror and reflects back your expectations. What you get is what you see. You create your own reality. — Denis Waitley
15. How important is it to me to love myself? Am I willing to model what I want in others?
The person in life that you will always be with the most is yourself. Because even when you are with others, you are still with yourself, too! When you wake up in the morning, you are with yourself, laying in bed at night you are with yourself, walking down the street in the sunlight you are with yourself. What kind of person do you want to walk down the street with? What kind of person do you want to wake up in the morning with? What kind of person do you want to see at the end of the day before you fall asleep? Because that person is yourself, and it’s your responsibility to be that person you want to be with. I know I want to spend my life with a person who knows how to let things go, who’s not full of hate, who’s able to smile and be carefree. So that’s who I have to be. ― C. JoyBell C.
Your Personal Freedom coach, Kim Echols